Monday, August 16, 2010

Back to School

Today is a bittersweet day. Today marks the day where the teachers go back to school to prepare for the students next week. It is a week of excitement and renewed energy and is usually one of my favorite weeks of the first semester at school. However, I am not there this year. After Derek and I found out I was pregnant we made the decision I would stay home for this first year. It was a hard decision to make, but I think it will work out best for our family. My teaching co-workers and my principal were more than supportive of my decision and I will be forever grateful for their support. Fisher was my home away from home this year and I will miss everything about it.  I know I am not done teaching and I will be back :)

People have been asking what I will do since I'm not teaching.  I plan on subbing at the school I taught at, preparing our house for a new family member, spoiling my niece and learning a lot from my sister ( a new mom) and being thankful that Derek has such a great job!  As soon as November comes I know I will have plenty to do! I wish it was November now but I know I will never have these three months back!

For all my teacher friends, I hope your back to school week is great! Your students are lucky to have you :) And even though none of my students read my blog, I wish each and every one of them a wonderful year- they will always be my "first children"! Hopefully Hadley won't be as big a handful as 22 rowdy 9 year olds!

No comments:

Post a Comment