Monday, November 1, 2010

9 Months

How far along: 36 weeks
Sleeping: Trying to get a lot of sleep, but its not going so great! Trying to get comfortable is getting hard! My favorite place to "rest" is in Hadley's rocker. I guess that's a good thing!
Best Moment of the Week: Derek finally getting home. Derek has been traveling the last 3 weeks. I usually don't mind when he travels, but when I'm 9 months pregnant I NEED him home!
Movement: It's definitely different but still happening.
Cravings: Nothing too different lately. Dr. Pepper has been my favorite beverage since week 20 or so.
What I am looking forward to: Seeing what (and who!)  Hadley looks like. And for my feet to not be swollen. I have about 10 pairs of Tory Burch flats (my favorite!) that do NOT fit, which could be a big, big problem!
Milestones: Getting to the ninth month is a pretty big milestone! I've also starting packing my bag for the hospital- which is crazy!!

Things I've missed: I had to miss out on going to the Rangers World Series game, but I know Derek had a blast! Also, I am beginning to have carpal tunnel in my right hand, so if your expecting something handwritten from me, be patient! I am starting to write like my old third graders! 
What I'll miss when I'm NOT pregnant: My new sassy attitude. My dad is always telling me to "be sweet" and I usually am. When presented with confrontation or if something goes wrong I usually never say anything. (i.e. when I got my oil changed and they called me a week later to tell me they didn't charge me enough and I needed to come in and pay the extra FIFTEEN dollars. Well, I drove out and paid it and didn't say anything...)  Lately I've had this awesome pregnancy sassy attitude. (i.e. Derek and I switched to DirecTV this month and 10 days after it was installed something MAJOR happened. Our DVR wouldn't play back anything. Well, that was a BIG problem because I had 8 episodes of unwatched Days of Our Lives. So I called, gave them some of my sassy attitude and they said they would get someone out within the next 2 weeks. I told them that was unacceptable and that I needed it fixed that day and that if I lost one episode of Days of Our Lives we would be canceling on the spot! Ha! They had someone out the next morning by 10 and thankfully I was able to watch all my recorded day time TV. The guy they sent out said he had six kids at home and knew better than to mess with a pregnant lady's TV shows.) Sorry, Dad...I'll go back to being sweet in 2 more weeks!! 
Labor Signs: I have made some progress (small) but progress! As of last Thursday I am a little less than a centimeter dilated and 50% effaced. I've been nesting like crazy. This really does exist. I have vacuumed every room several times the last few days, done crazy laundry, and have organized all of Derek's clothes like 8 times. Note to self: next time do this at like 30 weeks not at 9 months pregnant! I think I scared Derek on Sunday because since the moment I woke up I was doing things around the house. I've also cleaned both of our cars and had them detailed last week. Yikes! 


Derek and I are trying to enjoy these last couple of weeks of just us. This is by far the most exciting part of being pregnant. Everything is getting so close and I find myself daydreaming about our little family. The nursery is perfect and all it needs is a little baby. 




Here is a terrible picture, but I'm sure I'll want to remember this belly one day! (right?!)



No comments:

Post a Comment