Tuesday, January 18, 2011

2 Months

I can not believe my sweet, little baby is 2 months old today. That seems so old to me! This time has flown by, but we feel like we've known her for forever. I have loved every second of being her mom and I know I've said "I can't believe she's already two months old" about one hundred times! This afternoon we had her 2 month well-baby doctor visit and she did great. Dr. Terry is awesome and I just love her. She was given her first round of vaccinations and we were both so brave! She cried for a few seconds and was fine when I picked her up. Hopefully the rest of the day is good! Here are her stats:


Weight: 9 lbs. 14 oz.- 27% percentile
Height: 22.25 inches- 47% percentile
Head Circumference: 14.75 inches- 18% percentile


I am just so proud of our growing girl!! Here is a little about life with our 2 month old:


Sleep: You are an awesome sleeper, and I know we are so lucky!! You take long naps during the day and sleep long stretches at night. You usually go to bed between 11 and 12 and sleep until 4:30. After you eat you go right back to sleep until 8 or so, sometimes even 10!! You fall right asleep in the sling or moby wrap, and love taking naps in the car. I still get a lot done when you are napping. I clean the house, cook dinner or let you sleep in my arms. Sometimes I worry you sleep too much, but I stick by the rule of never wake a sleeping baby!! You are a great little sleeper just like your mom!  

Eating: You still are a fantastic eater and eat between 3-4 ounces every three hours. Usually right on the dot! I try to keep you on an eating schedule during the day and at night I feed on demand. There aren't many eating changes this month.

Sizes: Just this week you are finally growing out of your newborn size clothing! I am so sad to start to pack away some of your outfits, but I've been looking forward to dressing you in all the fun clothes I bought you. You are just fitting into 0-3 month from Old Navy, Gap and Janie and Jack and fit into the 3 month Carter's size. You still wear Newborn size diapers, and I think you'll be in them for a few more weeks. 


Things you love: You are a paci girl and that is OK with us! I got you new pacis and your sister (Maverick) seems to like them too. She's already eaten 4 of them- naughty girl! You love being worn either in your sling or in the wrap. You love your swing and you love bath time, especially when you are fully submerged in water. But mostly, you love to be held by me or daddy.

Activities: You are starting to really look at objects and follow them with your eyes. You play on your play mat and love looking at your toys in the car seat. You aren't the biggest fan of tummy time, but we do some everyday! 

New things you do: You smile and "talk" and I LOVE it!! I love nothing more than making you smile and in the mornings you will chat with me for the longest time. You also started sucking on your hand, and it is a good substitute for when you can't find your paci.  

Schedule: You wake up in the morning and you eat as soon as your eyes open, if not we have a very grumpy girl! After you eat, you and I lay in bed and talk, smile and sing songs and its the best part of my day. I especially love it when daddy is home and we can all lay in bed and wake up together. After that you sit in your bouncy seat while I shower and you love listening to the water and looking at your toys. Then you take your bath and get a fresh outfit and diaper. All that activity puts you right asleep for your morning nap around 10 or so. You sleep for a long time during this nap! Your afternoon consists of eating, short time playing/awake time and napping. At 9 or so we start getting ready for bed. We swaddle,  turn the lights down and rock. You take your nighttime bottle and fall right asleep. 


Firsts: In your second month you went on your first road trip to the ranch! 


I never thought I could love something so much, so quickly. Hadley, you have changed our lives and I thank God daily for you. I will love you more each day and give you kisses for forever. I can promise you that. 






Being two months old is fun!

Hadley in her chair


Happy birthday, sweet Hadley. 

No comments:

Post a Comment