Friday, February 18, 2011

Three Months

I know I will say this every month, but I can not believe my little baby is three months old. All the books say that a three month old baby is considered an infant, not a newborn. Where did the time go? Everyday Hadley learns something new and I love watching her take in her surroundings. Everywhere we go people comment on our beautiful, happy baby and I am so blessed that she is mine! 

Here is what life with our THREE month old is like:
Sleep: Girlfriend, you love your sleep! For the last week, Hadley has slept from 9:30 p.m-8:45 am. This makes mommy very happy! I usually wake up before her and get some quick chores done around the house! She eats a lot when she wakes up and is in the best mood in the morning. She is still sleeping in our room in her bassinet, but we will be making the transition to her crib soon. 

Eating: Still a great eater and eats about 4-4.5 ounces every three hours during the day. 

Sizes: Still wearing 0-3 from just about everywhere. Wearing size 1 diapers. You still have a while to fit in these clothes. I don't think we're close to making the 3-6 month switch! That is OK with me! The less clothes you grow out of the better!

Things you love: You love your paci and you love eating. You roll over now and I think you love being able to control getting off your tummy. You love being held and talked/ sung to. You light up when people are giving you attention! You LOVE your hands!

Activities: You play in your swing, on your play mat and in your bumbo during the day. Your favorite activity is playing with your hands.  

New things you do: You smile all the time and talk and coo. You also kick your little feet when you are laying down. Playing with your hands is a new thing and you are so proud when you can join them together! You are such an expressive and verbal girl all of a sudden.  

Schedule: Your schedule during the day is very repetitive. You eat, play for about an hour and then sleep for about hour. This happens every three hours and you are very predictable. We don't go off this schedule during the day. Her nighttime routine starts at about 8:30-9:00. We cuddle and wind down and after her last feeding I swaddle her and rock her for a bit and then put her down. Last night she was wide awake when I put her down but she sat in her bassinet cooing for about 20 minutes before she fell asleep. I went in every few minutes to put her paci in, but she fell asleep completely on her own!

Funny moments: I literally have only changed Hadley out in public a few times. Maybe once. We're not gone for too long and her potties are pretty predictable. Well, this changed on Wednesday night. I went to dinner with the Pfeiffers, and Hadley had a diaper changing emergency! Derek wasn't there so I take the baby and the diaper bag to the restroom, get out the changing pad, put her on the table (all with one hand, of course). I go to remove the diaper when I realize I made a huge mistake. The diaper bag had NO DIAPERS.  I grabbed her and shouted out to Caroline and had to borrow a big diaper from Emily to get us through the dinner.  The whole process took about 15 minutes, the baby was screaming, I was sweating and the fellow restaurant patrons were staring. Next time Derek will be in charge of a public diaper change!! Moral of the story: always check the diaper bag!

Hadley, our lives changed the moment you were put on my chest three months ago. These 90 days have been amazing and its overwhelming to think how much better its going to get. I love you so, so much.

Happy birthday, sweet Hadley.









No comments:

Post a Comment