Monday, August 6, 2012

Destin 2012

I spent almost three weeks in Destin, Fl last month. Hadley and I were officially beach bums and as much as I love being at home, I'd be ready to go back in a heartbeat! Hadley and I stayed an extra week in between the two family vacations (Derek had to go home and work!) and it was a blast.

Part one:

Like last year, the boys drove and Caroline and I flew with the girls. 2 tiny people add A LOT of stuff when you are traveling and so having the boys drive is a must! Hadley had her own seat on the plane and it was a breeze. (Although, trekking through the airport and getting on the plane was not a breeze with a 20 month old. Thank goodness my parents were there!!)

We rented the same house as the last two years and cooked at home and went out to dinner sans babies. Hadley is STILL taking two naps and the monitor worked outside, so I could still lounge and read books. When Hadley was awake we took her out to the beach and she didn't love it.  The sand, the water, the sunscreen...she did enjoy sitting under the tent, drinking a juice box and reading her Elmo book (momma's girl!) Finally on the 4th she ventured out into the water and LOVED it. The water was super calm and because of a weird sand bank, we essentially had a baby pool as our beach.


Emily loved showing Hadley how to play in the beach

I made the girls a few matching outfits for the 4th and we tried to take some cute pictures....but we didn't succeed! Maybe next year, they will pose together and be sweet for the camera! 
Love her sassy face



"get this sand OFF of me."





Patriotic babes


We had a babysitter come every other night so the grown-ups could go to dinner!


It was a wonderful week. Thank you mom and dad so much!!


Part 2:

Christi, Zoey and Abbey came up a week early just to spend the week with Hadley and I. It was so so fun and I am so grateful Christi came up and let me stay in their condo for that extra week! We had a great girls week- we ate at fabulous restaurants, did lots of shopping, played at the beach and loved on Hadley! The girls are amazing and are the best babysitters. I am definitely missing having 2 live in cousins/babysitters! 

Abbey and Hadley

Part 3:

When the rest of the Johnson clan got there, we had a full house! It was such a fun week being all together and Hadley really enjoyed having a huge audience to dance and sing to.  
She loves doing the chicken dance...

One night, Mimi and Pa watched all the kiddos so the grown-ups could go to dinner and it was so fun.


We took some fabulous family pictures down by the beach.

 Mimi and Pa with their grandkids


\
I just love this picture of Hads and her Mimi. 




Destin-2012

Thank you Steve and Christi for everything- it was such fun vacation!



No comments:

Post a Comment