Monday, August 27, 2012

Summer Catch-up

Since today was the first day of school, the former teacher in me always counts this week as the end of summer. Even though this is my third year not starting a school year, it still feels so weird! My first group of students start high school today and my last group will begin middle school. I can't believe it. Since its the end of summer, I thought I'd catch up on what we've been doing since we got home from the beach...

We had our annual DeLany family reunion in Comfort, Texas again this year. We stayed in a wonderful B&B and had a blast catching up with family and playing with our cousins.




The kids' generation and the whole group

Here a few pictures from my phone from this summer:

 Slumber party at Aunt Caroline's

 a big girl pony tail

Saturday morning cartoons with Maverick

 Jammie dance party with Austin

 I walked out into the hallway and saw this...Maverick was not happy and I rescued her right after I snapped this picture!

 Hadley's nap mat was delievered and the first thing she did was put Kitty down for a nap...

My girlfriend Lacey dropped of the Minnie we left at her house and Hadley discovered it herself and it was so funny. Now, I'll leave little toys out on that window and her favorite thing to do after her nap is to check her treasure spot. So funny. 

 She loves swinging

 The girls spent the night at my parents and they made this little pallet together the next morning

Hads is a girlie girl and loves dress-up. This was her outfit of choice...

 Her great-grandparents reading her a story at their new house in Dallas!

 Pigtails and bracelets

At a bounce house play area. She was in Heaven and said "jump jump" about 100 times that day!

Of course, this is just a small peek of what we have done this summer. Thank goodness for phone camera! We are sad to see such a fun summer go by so fast but excited for Fall to get here!





No comments:

Post a Comment