Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Playing in the Backyard

Our back yard is gorgeous, and a big selling point when we saw the house for the first time! We have a pool, a big patio and a small side yard.



This was how the side yard started...it was ok, just not our style and didn't fit our needs! It was a lush garden that grew and grew.


And grew. About 6 months after we moved in, this was our side yard....
Hadley couldn't play near it and even Maverick was a little sketchy to go back in there! It wasn't meeting our needs at all. So we ripped all of it out and put some sod in and a new bed...

It made a HUGE difference! We love it.
Since the weather has cooled off Hadley wants to play outside all day. She throws the biggest fit when we have to go inside. She loves it. 

 Here are some pictures from this week playing outside:


I've been wanting to give her an outdoor playhouse for awhile and we decided to get it for her 2nd birthday (I couldn't wait until November, so she's getting her gift a few weeks early!!) I ordered it this weekend and it came today! Hadley spent the morning with her Aunt Jess and took a long nap, so I set the house up! She loves the flowers in the front yard and loves to help me water them, so I planted her a little garden of her own. 



As soon as she got up from her nap we went outside and I let her find the house. She ran up to it and rang the doorbell (which I thought was very polite!)


And did some exploring...

And them immediately said, "uh oh" and ran out of the house... 



She was missing her two best friends...

Kitty, Hadley and Minnie= BFF

They had a tea party...





Until a very rude, uninvited guest came in the house. Hadley said "bye, bye" and shut Maverick out! So funny! Maverick wants in this house so bad. 



I think many special memories will happen in our backyard this fall. 

Its getting close to dinner time and I hope she'll let me bring her inside! Hads and Maverick may be camping in the playhouse tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment