Monday, May 9, 2011

Hadley's first solids!

Hadley is almost 6 months old and we have decided to start solids! Our pediatrician recommended starting solids as close to 6 months as possible. Hadley has been showing signs that she is ready for solids (i.e waking up every 3 hours at night again!) It feels like we have a newborn at home again. This week Hadley was also sick for the first time. She had a cold that ended up with her having croup, so its been a rough few nights at home. She is doing better with a Infants VicksVapor rub, humidifier, and saline mixture!

I am trying to make all of her food, and I will blog about that later. We are skipping rice cereal and going straight to oatmeal as it's a little easier to digest. I tried making homemade oatmeal, but discovered that buying it is much more time efficient. So far I've made her sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, peaches, butternut squash, pears, apples and bananas. They are all in the freezer waiting for her to eat them. I've found so many blogs, websites and books that have baby food recipes and I'm excited to make them for sweet Hadley. I made her first food tonight with oatmeal mixed with some frozen milk. I pureed some banana mixed with milk and added it to the oatmeal. Hadley was a little hesitant to eat off the spoon but she loved it and I'm so excited to introduce her to more fruits and vegetables!






Here's a quick video from this morning! She was eating oatmeal and pears!
(Go to www.derekandlizzy.blogspot.com to view the video!)

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed having breakfast this morning with precious Hads eating her solids. Your such a good Mommy making all of her foods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I might be hitting you up for some tips on making baby food in a couple of months :)

    ReplyDelete