Tuesday, May 3, 2011

San Francisco

This weekend I went to San Francisco and Napa Valley for one of my closest friends bachelorette party. Julia is the bride and is marrying Stephen, Derek's best friend. I met Julia in college and we lived together and she quickly became one of my closest friends. Julia and Stephen are one of our very best friends so you can imagine how excited we are for their wedding! Julia is the nicest person you will ever meet and all us girls had a blast celebrating her this weekend.

It was a big weekend for me since I've never been away from Hadley, but I know she was in great hands with her dad. Our moms watched her on Friday during the day and I know Hadley had a blast! She had so much fun at my moms house, that she didn't even take a nap! Sorry mom!! I'm sure Derek loved having Hadley to himself this weekend- he is such a good daddy. I left 4 pages of notes for him and he didn't even read over them! The house was clean(ish), bottles were washed, dishes were put away and most importantly Hadley was happy when I came home.

San Fran is such a fun city and Napa is too beautiful for words. It was a weekend of some much needed girl time, fancy dinner, and of course great wine.


 Some of the girls at the hotel


 Julia and me walking around San Fran

 At our first winery- Robert Mondavi


We got an amazing tour of how the wine is made. These barrels were very cool!


One of our stops was at Chandon. I loved tasting all of the different champagnes.

The bride!



It was an amazing weekend, but I missed my little family so much. All of my girlfriends were so sweet and let me talk about Hadley and show them pictures. This was the first trip I have ever been on where I was excited to get home! I spend Sunday night cuddling with my sweet girl and re-memorizing every feature on her face. I was worried she wouldn't remember me, but girlfriend knows her momma.

I sure did miss these two!

2 comments:

  1. I had so much fun with you this past weekend! Hope you got to snuggle all afternoon with your precious Hadley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun girls trip. Lizzy you need to enter these pictures of the winery in a photo contest. Awesome pics of the wine glasses and Bride!

    ReplyDelete