Sunday, July 17, 2011

Destin 2011


Going to Destin each summer is my favorite summer memory. I am so thankful that both of our families vacation there every year. The Kellys rent a house and the Johnsons own the most beautiful condo. This year worked out perfectly because we got to spend time with both families. We started off the vacation with my parents and we stayed in a house out in Seagrove Beach. Caroline, Em and me and Hadley flew Southwest into Panama City Beach with my parents. It was such an easy 20 minute drive to our house. Derek and Mark drove so they could bring all of our baby stuff. You wouldn't believe how much stuff it takes for 2 babies and 6 adults. It was incredible how much stuff we brought! The trip was wonderful and I loved showing Hadley the beautiful beaches of Northwest Florida.

Week One:
Hadley loved jumping in her bouncer and looking at the ocean!
Showing Hadley the beach
First time her toesies were in the sand
Poppy and Hadley
Playing in the baby pool 
Caroline found a babysitter to come a few nights so we could all go out to dinner without the babies!  
Happy 4th of July! 

Getting a picture of these two was impossible. We should have waited until the sun went down, but we were a little impatient!

Group picture!
Thanks mom and dad for a great vacation!!

While everyone was packing up on Friday, Derek and I got to relax since our vacation wasn't over!

 Week 2:

We headed over to the Johnsons (thanks for picking us up Steve!) to spend the second part of our vacation with the whole family. Hadley was beyond spoiled on this part of the trip. I don't think she was left alone for a minute during her awake time! Between her Mimi and Pa, her Aunt Jessica and Jenny and her 6 cousins she was taken care of and loved on. Abbey and Zoey played with her, learned to make bottles, fed her and helped me bathe her. They are great little babysitters already!
Zoey and Abbey loving on Hadley
One morning the boys went deep sea fishing and came home with so many red snapper that it fed all 14 of us and we had leftovers! Tim and Erik cooked up the fish and it was good as any restaurant we've been to. I hope this stays a annual tradition!
Tyler, Derek and Nick with some of their fish!

Steve and Christi were nice enough to babysit all the kids (all SEVEN of them) and treated the big kids (Jess and Tim, Jenny and Erik and Derek and I) to a wonderful dinner at Louisiana Lagniappe. We were celebrating Jessica's birthday, Jenny and Erik's anniversary and our anniversary. Thank you Mimi and Pa for our date night! We had so much fun at dinner and then went to a local piano bar. So fun!
Jenny, Jessica and I!
Hadley loved swimming
Group picture!
Thank you Mimi and Pa for a great vacation!

I brought so many clothes for Hadley and she was the best dressed baby in Destin! Although, she spent a lot of the vacation just in a diaper. I think I learned my lesson about bringing too many clothes! (I never thought I would say that!) Thank you Mimi for our fishy dress- Hadley was very excited to wear it!!


We had such a wonderful time and it was so fun to have our sweet Hadley there with us. She was so good during the whole trip and pretty much stayed on her schedule. We are so lucky! It was such a fun vacation and I even got to read a few books down by the ocean. Thank you to everyone who watched and played with Hadley! She keeps looking around for an audience to show-off for! I think she's getting bored of just me! Its been nice to get home and unpacked and back in the swing of things, but I'm counting down the days until we get to go back!


No comments:

Post a Comment