Thursday, December 8, 2011

Santa 2011

Hadley and I finally bit the bullet and went to visit Santa yesterday. I decided that if she woke up from her nap in a good mood we were going to pack up and go. We went to Willow Bend and there was only two people in line! While we were waiting Hadley loved looking at the other kids and all of the Santa decor. She held on to the brochure with a death grip and was a little sketchy until...



...it was our turn to go into the snow globe. One child at a time gets to go into the snow globe and it really was beautiful. She LOVED this part! They had "snow" falling from the sky and she had the best time touching the snow and crawling through it. We were in our own Winter Wonderland!


When Santa asked for Hadley we slowly walked in and waved to Santa and she reached out to him when he went to grab her and I couldn't believe it. But as soon as she left my arms she started crying. Not screaming....just these sweet, silent tears. Her little bottom lip quivered but she never let out a yell- she was acting so brave! Santa thought she was precious and could tell she was on the nice list. 



After she was back in my arms and we were paying for our picture Hadley was hamming it up with the elves and even gave Santa a wave bye-bye. We went to the play area and she stood and stared at the big kids. There was this naughty boy who kept running up to her and stealing her bow. Hadley did not appreciate this (and neither did her mother). I'm pretty sure I heard Hadley tell that boy he was on the naughty list!

watching for bow snatchers


We had a great day and I hope Hadley stays on the nice list for the rest of the Season!

1 comment:

  1. That picture got me. So sad yet so cute at the same time!

    ReplyDelete