Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Perspective

Last week, I had a very special moment that I will remember for the rest of my life. Maybe its the hormones, but I can't tell this story out loud without bursting into tears!  I want to remember this story and I thought you might want to hear it too.




Last Wednesday Hadley was with Jessica for the day and Harper and I ran a few quick errands. One of our stops was Trader Joes. Harper was in her carrier and I had a thin blanket covering the car seat to keep prying hands off of my two week old baby!



I was wandering through the aisles and I had a very tiny, very old Asian woman stop me and quietly asked if she could see the baby. I pulled the blanket back and the woman gasped and held her hand to her chest. "How old?" she asked and I proudly answered 2 weeks. She began tearing up and said "Bless you all, Bless you all."

I said, "You must love little babies like I do" and she said, "Everyone I know is so old, and all the babies are grown. I may not ever see such a new life again. It makes me so happy and so sad. Thank you for sharing your beautiful baby with me." 



She squeezed my arm and patted my back and started to walk away.



I have been replaying this moment in my head for the last week especially in those middle of the night moments when she will not go to sleep and I think "Someday I will be old and my babies will be grown and I will yearn for this moment." I hope I remember this lady's words for forever!




**These pictures are from Harper's newborn shoot that I took when she was 4 days old**

2 comments:

  1. Ok! I have to admit I got teary reading that! And I do not have the post baby hormones any more!! :) Shes so precious and what a wonderful memory for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I totally teared up reading this!!! She's beautiful Lizzy!! Definitely looks like professional pictures to me! :)

    ReplyDelete