Monday, September 9, 2013

Sisters

The first night at the Hospital is a sleepless night. Between nurses coming in to check on me and Harper's nurses bringing her to me to eat, I didn't get much sleep. We woke up for good around 7:00 when they brought us breakfast (I could get used to hot breakfast in bed every morning!!), and we watched some TV until Jessica brought Hadley to see us. Derek went down to the lobby to meet them and he walked Hadley up to our room. 

I put Harper in her bassinet so that I could snuggle with Hadley for a bit first. We didn't want to scare her and we both wanted this to be a fun experience for Hads!! 

She wanted to go straight up to see her sister and give her a "baby kitty" as her gift. She didn't want to get too close or hold her but was very interested in seeing her. She kept saying "she's so cute"! 


We got Hadley some big sister presents and she was so excited to open them. 


Then she just wanted to hang out and watch cartoons and tell me about her sleepover with Aunt Jess and the girls. I loved having her there!!





**Hadley did so great at the Hospital (and continues to do so at home!) She isn't jealous, doesn't whine when I have to feed her or hold her and she absolutely loves her sister so far. She tells everyone who comes over how cute her sister is and when Harper cries she tries her best to make her happy. 

Derek and our families have been so helpful with Hadley and I think that is why this transition is going so smoothly. She has loved the special time with Jess and our moms. 

I'm so excited for Harper to get older so that Hadley can play with her. I'm so excited to see these sisters grow up together!**

After a few minutes Jessica and the girls came up to our room so the could meet Harper!


Hadley spent the whole week at Jessica's and I can not thank her enough. It was the last week of summer for the kids and I'm so appreciative that they sacrificed that last week to have Hadley over. Going over to the Euting house is one of Hadley's favorite things in the world. THANK YOU! 

When it was time to leave Hadley waved goodbye and just marched right out of the room. We were all shocked and were expecting a huge tantrum when it was time to leave! She was just excited to be going with Abbey and Zoey!

Abbey sent me these two pictures from their week- can you tell how much fun she's having?!


Hadley, we are so proud of you and you are a great big sister! I hope you always love your baby sister as much as you do right now. Having a sister is so special and I pray for your relationship every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment