Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween 2013

Halloween is not my favorite holiday. For some reason, I'm just not that into it. I realized I needed to appreciate it more when I was a teacher and I saw how excited my students would get in October. And then I have an almost three year old and I totally get the magic of Halloween now! Celebrating Halloween all week has been so much fun and Hadley has a total case of the post-Halloween blues.

Our Halloween celebration started at the Kidville Halloween party. Hadley, Emily and friend Sammie had a blast at the dance party with a live band, crafting, decorating cooking and eating pizza for dinner. Combine all that plus a Cinderella dress and its basically Had's dream come true!



Hadley and Harper were both Cinderella and Emily was Princess Sofia.

Hadley had a party at school on Thursday and then I picked her up early to head to SWA for their annual Halloween party. My dad's department dressed up as the Duck Dynasty crew and my Dad looked exactly like Phil. It is my favorite costume of his! Hadley and Em dressed up in camo tutus and loved matching their Poppy. 




After the SWA party we went to Mimi and Pa's to pick up Harper (Mimi offered to watch Harpie so that Hadley and I could go together to the party. Hads thought it was so special to just go with mommy!) and to wish Mimi and Pa a Happy Halloween! We played for a bit and Mimi gave Hads a Halloween treat!

We all came home and napped and got ready for trick or treating with the Pfeiffers. Of course, Hadley wanted to put her costume on the second she woke up and sat on the front porch begging to go trick or treating. 

As soon as everyone got to our house the girls wanted to trick or treat! 




Harper and I manned the candy passing out and the big girls stayed close (They may have gone to the same houses several times!)



My parents came by to take some pictures with the girls. And it was hilarious to watch everyone react to my dad in his costume. Everyone knew right away who he was and the teenage girls were hilarious--they kept squealing that he looked JUST like Phil and kept asking if he was really Phil. So funny! 




Harper and Hadley were both Cinderella, and I promise you've never seen a sweeter Cinderella than my Harper. 

The best picture I could get...Hads was way too excited for trick-or-treating!



After trick- or - treating the girls looked through their candy and watched Charlie Brown Halloween. While the grown-ups ate dinner the little girls disappeared upstairs. When we went to investigate we found them laying in Hadley's bed playing on the iPad! They were two tuckered out princesses!


This morning Hadley was so sad that Halloween was over and hasn't taken her costume off yet.  I told her Thanksgiving would be here soon and that the Ross's were coming and now she is bugging me non-stop about where Jenny, Erik, Mick and Nemo are! (aka cousins Nick and Noah) Thanksgiving can't get here soon enough!! Happy Halloween everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment