Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sisters

There aren’t too many relationships that are like the ones of sisters. I’ve been so lucky to grow up with a sister. Admittedly, Caroline and I didn’t always get along, but we are as close now as sisters can be

Lizzy and Caroline- 1985
















We are three years apart, but we were married 10 months apart and will have babies 6 months apart- how lucky are we?? My sister is the kind of person who had no problem “sharing her thunder” when we were engaged at the same time. In fact, she was my second biggest wedding planner (behind mom, of course!) There aren’t too many brides-to-be that will share like that! She also was my biggest supporter when I became pregnant. Even at her showers she made sure everyone knew I was pregnant too. My sister is one of a kind.

And then sweet Emily was born, and my respect for my sister completely grew. My sister was strong, brave and positive throughout her labor and recovery. I can only hope I am half as brave as she was. Emily is now 2 weeks old and Caroline is already supermom. I have SO much to learn from her.


Caroline, thank you for sweet Emily and letting me snuggle and cuddle with her when I want! I can not wait to see Em grow up. I am so lucky to be her Aunt.

Welcome to the world, Emily Delany. So many people already love you so much. What a blessing you are to our family. Love you, peanut!

                                                           Tummy time for Emily!

No comments:

Post a Comment