Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Exciting News!!

Welcome to our family blog! I can’t tell you how I’ve been itching to start a blog, but we wanted to wait until we had some exciting news to blog about! As most of you have heard, I am pregnant! I am excited to use this blog to share news and pictures with family and friends and to keep a journal of our first baby. I am due on November 25th, Thanksgiving Day! This certainly does change our annual Thanksgiving plans. I have already made it very clear that even if our little turkey is born on its due date, I am still determined to eat Thanksgiving dinner! I don’t care if we have to eat it in December! =)

I found out I was pregnant “for sure” on St. Patrick’s Day, and we have been so excited ever since. So far, the most fun part about being pregnant is telling our families. Some family members were very surprised by the news and others were just waiting for an announcement! The day after we found our my parents left for Italy for 10 days. It was the longest 10 days ever! We had so much fun telling…

The Johnsons

We went over to Steve and Christi’s house on Wednesday, March 24th (the day before her birthday) so we could give her an early birthday present. Derek was so antsy to tell SOMEONE, so I knew he was so excited to get this over with! Many months ago I bought a stuffed animal that is identical to our beloved dog, Maverick. I had been saving it for this exact moment. I made a card that read “Maverick is going to be a big sister” on the front and “Baby Johnson Due November 25th” on the back and tied it around the stuffed animals neck. It didn’t take long for them to figure it out!  Derek and I are so blessed to have Steve and Christi in our lives and I know baby J is so lucky to have Mimi and Pa as their grandparents!



The timing of all this was perfect, as Jenny was coming in town for the weekend. Derek and I stopped by Jessica’s house on Friday to show them the Mav stuffed animal. It was so fun telling them and we were so glad Jenny was in town! Derek and I can’t wait to tell the kids about their new cousin!


The Kellys

As I said earlier, my parents were our of the country about the time we found out. It was so hard not telling them! They landed really late on Saturday night and I suggested dinner at their house on Sunday night. I kept double checking throughout the week to make sure the dinner was still on. Dinner was at 6:30 and Derek and I were there early! We wanted to tell right when we got there but we were waiting on Mark to get there. As soon as Mark got their, my dad figured out that the grill was out of propane, so my mom and I had to go get more at the store. When we got back everyone was outside except Caroline, and I couldn’t convince her to come outside. Finally at 8:00 everyone was in the same place. Later, everyone told us how weird Derek and I were acting! We gave my dad a welcome home present- a onesie that said “CEO Chief Executive Offspring” . Everyone was still unsure, but that changed quickly when my mom opened her gift. She opened it backward so that Caroline and Mark were the only ones that could see what was written on the frame. It said Baby Johnson Due November 25th. I almost sent Caroline into pre-term labor! Everyone was so surprised! I was so glad I filmed this and so glad Mark was thinking on his toes and took over filming! I can not wait for our kids to get to know their Papa Goo and Nanny. They are going to be wonderful grandparents!



Thank you to our families, we are so blessed to have everyone of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment