Friday, July 30, 2010

Her Name

Choosing a name for your baby is a fun experience. I have always played the "name game" with friends and family, and the names I like have changed many times! When Derek and I found out we were pregnant, names didn't come as easily as I once thought it would. Naming a child is an important responsibility, and we realized we wanted to make a decision before we shared so that we didn't get too many opinions and inputs on our ideas ;) Once we found out we were having a girl, we knew we both wanted a strong and feminine name for our sweetie. We think we've chosen the perfect name for our daughter. Our baby girl's name will be Hadley Carol Johnson.

Hadley is from English origin and means Fields of Heather. I first heard of the name in a book and thought it was beautiful. I put it on the back burner for a while until I started teaching at my new school. There was a sweet teacher named Hadley, and two staff members had close family members named Hadley. As soon as I was pregnant this name kept coming back. I did some research on it, and Ernest Hemingway's wife was named Hadley, and the name Hadley was most popular in 1908. We know our sweet Hadley will make her own special mark on this world. We've been calling her Hadley for months, but just recently told our families her name. We told my family in Destin at one of our favorite restaurants. There was a guest book there and the last person to sign in was named Hadley! What a fun coincidence! Carol is after my mom and I can't imagine a better middle name for our daughter. We hope she is kind, loving and fun just like her Nanny.

                                          
                                                                     A field of Heather

Only a few short months until Hadley is here and we are trying to enjoy these last few months as a family of three (Mav included)! The nursery is on its way to being finished and I have three showers to look forward to! What an exciting fall we have ahead. Thank you God for our Hadley, we will take good care of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment