Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Summer Travels

Derek and I have been lucky to have a very eventful summer so far. We started off our big travels with a wedding in Des Moines, Iowa. One of Derek's closest friend, DWat, got married. We just love David and Libby and were so glad to spend their special day with them. We had a lot of fun catching up with old friends!



Next, we went to Austin for our annual DeLany family reunion. It is such an amazing tradition our family has been doing for years. There were two babies this year and I am so glad our baby will grow up with such a wonderful family! Caroline is already planning next year's reunion and its exciting to think that there will be THREE babies there next year!
Me, Caroline and Emily, Audrey and Lillian, Colleen and Bonnie 

As always, my family spent the 4th of July at our favorite beach, Destin, Flordia. It was a wonderful vacation where I layed out and enjoyed my last beach vacation without a baby. I definitely learned with Emily that you can't lay by the beach and read all day with a baby! I read 7 books this vacation; I wonder how many I will read next year in Destin! I spent two weeks in Destin this year. The first week was with my family and the second week was with Steve, Christi, Jenny, Erik and the boys. I am so grateful to both of our parents for such wonderful memories and such a great vacation. I can't begin to explain how lucky our baby is to have two sets of amazing grandparents. 

Before dinner at our favorite spot, the Ocean Club

No comments:

Post a Comment