Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It's A Girl!

At our NT scan back in May the doctor gave us a 95% guess that baby J was a girl. We wanted to wait until our 19 week appointment for the big gender scan before we shared our news. First and most importantly, baby J was very healthy! The doctor looked at her heart chambers, kidneys, spine, legs and even her brain. Every check point the doctor looks for was perfect. What a blessing!

The doctor also confirmed baby J is a girl. I am so excited to have a daughter. It is such a wonderful gift that God has trusted Derek and I with.

There are so many things that I want for my daughter.

 I want her to have a good relationship with me, like I have with my mom. My relationship with my mom is one of the most special relationships I have. I have so much to learn from her and I'm thankful for her everyday. I pray daily that I will be as good as a mom as she is.



I want her to be a daddy's girl. Most people that know me know I am a huge daddy's girl. I always tell Derek that no one will love him like a little girl does. I remember running down the stairs every night when my dad got home to give him a big hug and kiss. I have the best relationship with my dad and I can't wait to see Derek and the baby together.



I want her to know and love Jesus like we do. Derek and I met at church youth group and I have been praying that our daughter will feel at home at church like Derek and I do. I can't wait to do mommy/daughter bible studies together, take her to VBS and see her grow up in our Church. She will have so many spiritual role models in her life, and for that we are so blessed.


For my sanity, I want her and Maverick to be best buds! We will never forget our first "baby" and we hope she will love the baby as much as we do! We've started preparing her for the baby by kicking her off our bed! We did buy her a fancy new dog bed though, so she's not too deprived of a good sleep! She is such a good dog and we know the baby will love her too! How could you not?



Most importantly, I want her to grow up safe, loved and happy. We love you little girl, more than you will ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment