Saturday, December 18, 2010

One Month

Hadley is one month old today and I can not believe how fast this month has gone by. This next part might be a little long, but I want to remember every minute of my sweet punkin's first month! Hadley, you are the light of our lives and this month has been the best of my life!

Sleep: Right now you still sleep best if you are being held. I went a bought a Hot Sling this week so I could still snuggle with you and have my hands to do things! You take pretty good naps during the day and will fall asleep about an hour after your start eating. You loving sleeping in your swing and on your soft spot during the day. When you sleep during the day I either nap or do things around the house or go on "adventures". We usually just go to Target or Buy Buy Baby but this last week we went to Nanny's house and to our friend Amanda's house for a playdate! You slept the whole time at both places! At night you have been sleeping in bed with me (so bad I know!) and that is where we both sleep best! You sleep for about 3 1/2- 4 hours on your first stretch and 3 hours on your second stretch. You love to be tightly swaddled and you sleep on your side with your paci. If it falls out you get very mad and I try to plop it back in before you notice so you will stay asleep. Once you are in a deep sleep it falls out because you sleep with your mouth wide open! I love waking up right before you do and watch you start getting hungry. You start sucking and twitching your nose- so precious! I keep you swaddled during your middle of the night feedings and when I finally unswaddle you in the morning it is so sweet to watch you stretch!

Eating: You love eating and eat about 3 oz. every 3 hours. Sometimes you will want to eat every 2 hours during the day but will go up to 4 hours at night!

Sizes: You have grown out of the preemie size clothes and are starting to fill out the newborn size! You grew out of your first outfit this week and I was so sad! You grew from P diapers to newborn and are on  your way to 1s. You are wearing Carter's newborn, BabyGap "up to 7 lbs" and Janie and Jack preemie.

Things you love: You love your paci and you love being on mommy's chest (daddy's too!)

Activities: You don't do too many activities but you are starting to like tummy time and playing on your activity mat!

New things you do: Everything you do is new right now!

Schedule: There is no such thing as a schedule for a newborn, but you do have some routines... especially at night. I go to bed early around 9, but first I change you and put your PJs on and swaddle you and daddy is in charge until your midnight feeding. After you eat he brings you to bed and you sleep with me until you wake up at about 3. I feed you and then you go right back to sleep until about 7! In the mornings we lay in bed and cuddle and I usually take a shower (you love sitting in your bouncy seat in the bathroom while the bath water is running!). You take a bath after your lunch time feeding and we run our errands after that! Evenings can be rough and sometime I'm counting down the seconds until daddy gets home! You love it when daddy comes home and I know its the best part of his day. I just love my time I spend with you!


Hads on her chair and I love how Mav is trying to comfort her!


Happy Birthday, sweet Hadley. 

2 comments:

  1. She is so precious! I still cannot wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzy...Hadley is precious!! I found your blog through Facebook and have been following it for the past month or so. Our girls are exactly one month a part. Lucy Kate was born on Oct. 18th. Enjoy Christmas with your little miracle!

    ReplyDelete